Welcome to the International Shared Decision Making (ISDM) Society.
We are a member-based society bringing together
academics, health care practitioners, educators, patient partners and citizens focused on promoting research, training and practice in person-centred care and shared decision making in healthcare.
Our mission is to foster person-centered healthcare Person-centred care : “In person-centred care, health and social care professionals work collaboratively with people who use services. Person-centred care supports people to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to more effectively manage and make informed decisions about their own health and health care. It is coordinated and tailored to the needs of the individual. And, crucially, it ensures that people are always treated with dignity, compassion and respect.” Health Foundation. 2016. Person-centred care made simple. Weblink here. and worldwide. We were established in 2018.
Professor Kirsten McCaffery
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.
Don't be unheard - a video on shared-decision making
LYRICS AND VIDEO PRODUCTION: James McCormack
LATEST PUBLICATION FEED
- Adults born prematurely prefer a periviability guideline that considers multiple prognostic factors beyond gestational ageby L De Proost on June 5, 2023
- Can Doctors Be Compelled to Prolong the Life of a Dying Patient? The Ongoing Medical, Legal and Social Issuesby Margaret Brown on June 5, 2023
- Women's autonomy for managing labour pain in a relational context: An interpretive description studyby Angelita Jose Henrique on June 5, 2023
- The Effect of Decision Aid on Satisfaction With Decision and Anxiety Among Women With Abnormal Cervical Screening Resultsby Saba Baharvand on June 5, 2023
- The Personalized Acne Treatment Tool - Recommendations to facilitate a patient-centered approach to acne management from the Personalizing Acne: Consensus of Expertsby Alison M Layton on June 5, 2023