Welcome to the International Shared Decision Making (ISDM) Society.
We are a member-based society bringing together
academics, health care practitioners, educators, patient partners and citizens focused on promoting research, training and practice in person-centred care and shared decision making in healthcare.
Our mission is to foster person-centered healthcare Person-centred care : “In person-centred care, health and social care professionals work collaboratively with people who use services. Person-centred care supports people to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to more effectively manage and make informed decisions about their own health and health care. It is coordinated and tailored to the needs of the individual. And, crucially, it ensures that people are always treated with dignity, compassion and respect.” Health Foundation. 2016. Person-centred care made simple. Weblink here. and worldwide. We were established in 2018.
Professor Kirsten McCaffery
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.
Don't be unheard - a video on shared-decision making
LYRICS AND VIDEO PRODUCTION: James McCormack
LATEST PUBLICATION FEED
- Ethical Dilemmas in Neonatal Care at the Limit of Viabilityby Lilijana Kornhauser Cerar on May 27, 2023
- A survey of patient informational preferences when choosing between medical and surgical therapy for ulcerative colitis: a sub-study from the DISCUSS projectby M J Lee on May 27, 2023
- DT-PICS: An Efficient and Cost-Effective SNP Selection Method for the Germplasm Identification of Arabidopsisby Liwen Xiong on May 27, 2023
- Genetic Predictors of Antipsychotic Efflux Impairment via Blood-Brain Barrier: Role of Transport Proteinsby Regina F Nasyrova on May 27, 2023
- Shared Decision Making in Acute Pain Management in Patients with Opioid Use Disorder: A Scoping Reviewby Peter D Vu on May 27, 2023